RSS Feed

Dina Building

6

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 by



My apartment was such a blessing
It’s spared my mum from over stressing.
I have to move out now that I’ve left my job
and every time I think of it I begin to sob.

My bathroom big, my kitchen small
a bedroom cum dining room cum hall.
I loved the antique furniture, the heritage flooring and my bed,
even the cabinet on which I kept bumping my head.

The construction workers gave me nightmares,
but  were so much better than the 2nd floor lady who only stares.
There were a dozen watchmen over the year
they all cuddled and snored to spread their message of fear.

The Banaji family were very kind and sweet,
the other neighbours I didn’t get a chance to meet.
I will miss the sea view from my beloved balcony
also the train noises that caused me so much agony.

No more cursing the thief who stole my watch and was never found
No more searching for Suresh the lift man who was never around.
No more shopping on Church Street for my fruit, milk and pav
No more good mornings to the hindu lady and her holy cow.

I will miss fatherly Raman the most
maybe even Jaya who was in & out like a ghost.
The pigeons are the only ones I won’t miss
because living alone for me, was absolute bliss.


6 comments »

Jhoroi said...

Oh that is nice! :)

priyanka londhe said...

Amazing!! i keep re-reading your poems.. they are so visual and intresting.. you value things that others overlook.. i love that abt u! :)

Richa said...

#thumbs-up

RuthSeq said...

Thank you everyone. :)

viji said...

Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again



1 2 3 4 Bedroom Apartments

Unknown said...

I like your article and it really gives an outstanding idea that is very helpful for all the people on web.
Nautical Condominiums