RSS Feed

What do I do?

3

Friday, November 18, 2011 by

When mama bought me a blackboard,
I thought I’d grow up to teach.
Now, I’d like to buy a surfboard,
and travel to a nice sandy beach.

Daddy said I’d make a good news-reader,
he wanted me to be on TV.
Now, I don’t mind being a political party leader
or just another rich VIP.

A friend wanted me to be a DJ,
and mix house tracks.
My brothers just wanted me to go away,
and never come back.

At five, everyone wanted me to be a doctor,
so I thought I’d be one too.
A chef? A nun? A lawyer? A janitor?
At 21, I still haven’t a clue.


3 comments »

Vidhi Kapoor said...

Yay! It's up.
:)

priyanka londhe said...

:) lovely poem!!

Unknown said...

Lovely...but don't worry. Life has a way of telling you what to do..... just listen carefully and you will find out what your role in this world is....